In stage four, get your learner to do a lot of self-reflection about their driving to prepare them for solo driving.
Use these questions to help talk to your learner after a drive:
- Is there anything that you would change or do differently about the drive we just did?
- What aspects of your driving are you happy with?
- What do you need to develop?
- How do your driving decisions impact on others?
- What do you find challenging when you drive near other road users?
- What driving tasks do you need to practise more?
- How do you feel driving at night?
- How do you feel driving on multi-lane roads?
- What hazards have you come across and how did you respond?
- Do you think you’re responding to hazards early enough?
- Are there any road or lane markings or signs you’re not sure about?